Who’d have thought succulent plants would be having a bit of a wedding moment?! Yup, these hardy plants keep cropping up in weddings and we have to admit we’re super taken with them. There are lots of ways to work these robust green plants in to your wedding decor and attire from button holes and as part of your wedding bouquet to potted favours and as a rustic and eco-chic way to decorate your wedding cake. Check out our favourite ways to include succulents plants in your wedding below…
1. Your Bouquet – Create a unique and interesting wedding bouquet by adding one of these unusual plants in to the mix. They look gorgeous paired with wild flowers and natural foliage, or can look equally fabulous with pretty pastel blooms as above.
2. Button Holes – Get the lads in on the action as well! Succulent plants make a great button hole and can be worn on their own or teamed with some burlap or twine for a more rustic look.
3. Pew Ends – These hardy plants can look so pretty and striking as pew ends – check out some cute ways to display them below.
4. Place Settings – Pop one of these little guys on each guests place setting to introduce some colour and texture to your settings.
5. Centerpieces – Create an eco chic tablescape with either potted succulent plants or some planters filled to the brim with succulents and pretty wild flowers.
6. Cake Decor – Ga simple white cake a bit of an earthy or rustic touch by perching some succulent plants along each tier.
7. Wedding Favours – Give guests something they can bring home that they will actually use! A potted plant paired with a sweet ‘ Let Love Grow’ sign is a romantic and fitting favour idea and is something that will forever remind guests of your special day.
Succulent pew ends, photo by Darya Kamalova of Thecablookfotolab via Style Me Pretty | Succulent bridal bouquet, photo by Hilary and Charlie Photography via Mod Wedding | Terracotta put succulent wedding favours, photo by Bella Reese Photography via Style Me Pretty | Planter filled with succulents plants, photo by Watson Studios | White wedding cake with succulent decor, photo by Sarah Yates Photography | Succulent pew end, photo by Clayton Austin | Groom with succulent button hole, photo via Branches Floral | Table setting with succulent centrepiece, photo via The Style Co | Let Love Grow – Succulent Favours, photo via Row House Nest | Wedding cake with succulent decor, photo by Leila Brewster via Style Me Pretty | Bride and bridesmaid with succulent bouquets, photo by Rachel Solomon via Style Me Pretty | Groom with succulent button hole, photo via Deer Pearl Flowers